Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>CLASSIC SHORT STORIES FROM THE MASTER OF AMERICAN FICTION</b> First published in 1927, <i>Men Without Women</i> represents some of Hemingway's most important and compelling early writing. In these fourteen stories, Hemingway begins to examine the themes that would occupy his later works: the casualties of war, the often uneasy relationship between men and women, sport and sportsmanship. In Banal Story, Hemingway offers a lasting tribute to the famed matador Maera. In Ather Country tells of an Italian major recovering from war wounds as he mourns the untimely death of his wife. The Killers is the hard-edged story about two Chicago gunmen and their potential victim. Nick Adams makes an appearance in Ten Indians, in which he is presumably betrayed by his Indian girlfriend, Prudence. And Hills Like White Elephants is a young couple's subtle, heartwrenching discussion of abortion. Pared down, gritty, and subtly expressive, these stories show the young Hemingway emerging as America's finest short story writer.
- Author(s)Ernest Hemingway
- PublisherPrentice Hall (a Pearson Education company)
- Date of Publication24/02/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrentice Hall & IBD
- Weight142 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.