Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionMendeley is an award-winning reference manager and academic social network. It has accumulated a devoted network of academic users, and amassed a research library of millions of documents. Mendeley helps its users find research, it helps them easily add their research articles to their electronic research libraries, it helps them organise and even electronically antate their research articles, and then it helps them cite them in their own research writing, automatically creating reference lists and formatting citations according to thousands of different citation styles. But documentation on Mendeley is hard to come by. This book provides a comprehensive overview of what Mendeley has to offer the academic researcher, and how best to use it. Topics include: A discussion of what Mendeley is, what its aims and objectives are, and how it can help researchers; How to register for a Mendeley account, install the program, and set up a Mendeley profile; A detailed discussion of the Mendeley database structure; How to use Mendeley to find research articles and easily add them to the library; How to organise research articles into folders and sort and search the library; How to antate articles electronically; How to form groups with other researchers, and collaborate and share articles with them; How to use Mendeley to cite research articles in Microsoft Word (for Windows and Mac), and LibreOffice, and how to create reference lists and bibliographies with Mendeley; Using the Mendeley iPad app. The 8 chapters of the book span over 300 pages of detailed information, with close on 400 detailed figures showing how to use the program. The book will help vices who have never used Mendeley, to register, set up their accounts, import their references, and then use them. But the book is t only for vices. Even experienced Mendeley users will benefit from the book's in-depth coverage of all aspects of the service.
- Author BiographyDr. Jacques Raubenheimer has completed two masters degrees (Psychology, Theology) and one PhD (Psychology). He is currently a lecturer in Biostatistics at the University of the Free State and a research consultant and computer trainer. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and a Microsoft Office 2010 Specialist Master Instructor, a Microsoft Office Specialist for Word, Excel (Expert), Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. He has extensive experience in training students hands-on to write their theses and dissertations.
- Author(s)Jacques Raubenheimer
- PublisherTrue Insight
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationUniversitas
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintTrue Insight
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.