All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- Description'Mendip Hospital - An Appreciation' is a well-researched and fascinating account of the Somerset County Lunatic Asylum, later re-named Mendip Hospital, from its beginning in 1848 until its closure in 1991. The book outlines the progression of the hospital from its inception as a secluded institution for insane paupers to a modern open psychiatric hospital that became an important part of the wider community. In addition it covers issues such as aspects of patient care and recreation, staff training and some staff memories, including those of the author, Susan Marshall. The author writes with warmth and affection for the hospital, which makes this more than an historical account of an institution. 'Mendip Hospital - An Appreciation' will prove compelling reading for those who have connections with the hospital, those with an interest in local history and mental health professionals and students.
- Author BiographySusan Marshall qualified as a physiotherapist at St. Thomas' Hospital, London. She worked at Chelmsford and York hospitals before coming to live in Somerset with her husband and three sons. She was associated with the League of Friends of Mendip Hospital for 25 years and was a member of staff at the hospital for 20 years.
- Author(s)Susan Marshall
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, plans, facsims.
- Weight252 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.