Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionOn a quest to avenge her riven family and murdered friends, Timneet Melke leaves behind a burgeoning romance to join the Eritrean liberation effort. Covert operations and guerilla warfare transform her into a warrior woman until a chance reunion with an old love forces Timneet to reconsider her path. Orphaned Ma'arinet Neguse may have escaped war when swept away to America, but the turmoil of her past locks her into a brutal battle of her own. Engulfed in distress after her second miscarriage, Ma'arinet flees for her life again-this time from a volatile relationship. The end of the war brings Ma'arinet back to her homeland where her world collides with Timneet's. It takes Almaz, the nurse with the memory of an elephant, to unlock the secrets of their pasts. Will the encounters bring Ma'arinet closure, or will they leave her stranded with resolve? In her debut vel, Gebre invites us on a journey, or menghedi, [men-ge-dee]. Offering an inspiring message, Menghedi reminds us that when the soul suffers, damage is ever too grand for the healing powers of hope.
- Author BiographyThe Eritrean-American author SEMHAR GEBRE was born in Chicago, Illinois to two Eritrean refugees. GEBRE holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Cleveland Chiropractic College of Los Angeles, CA, (2010). In 2011, her calling placed her on an unexpected journey in pursuit of a lifelong passion for writing when she was awarded the Lull Mengesha Publishing Scholarship for First-Time Authors. In the same year, GEBRE embarked on a journey to Eritrea, an experience which cultivated inspiration for her debut novel, Menghedi. GEBRE resides in Dubai, UAE, where she serves as a director for a learning institute. When she is not working on her second novel, GEBRE is enjoying quality Skype time with her family, globetrotting with her husband, and taking courses catered to personal growth. Currently, GEBRE is polishing her Arabic with language courses and avails herself of culture immersion in the Arab world.
- Author(s)Semhar Gebre
- PublisherHalpin Publishing
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHalpin Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.