All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for social workers by a social worker, Mental Disorders, Medications, and Clinical Social Work discusses the etiology, epidemiology, assessment, and intervention planning for common mental disorders. Looking at disorders from an ecosystems perspective, Austrian goes beyond a linear classification approach and DSM-IV-TR categories and encourages social workers to analyze the internal and external environmental factors that contribute to a disorder's development. Austrian's discussion of effective intervention(s) for a particular client also stresses the importance of working with families in treating disorders. In addition to information on new medications, biochemical data on the causes of disease, and diagstic tests, the revised third edition discusses therapies such as motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal, and dialectic.
- Author BiographySonia Austrian is the author of Development Theories Through the Life Cycle. She is associate professor in the departments of public health and of psychiatry at Weill Medical College of Cornell University, adjunct professor at Columbia University School of Social Work, and is director of the Employee Assistance Program Consortium.
- Author(s)Sonia G. Austrian
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight726 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.