All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book proposes a didactic approach to the different aspects of pain in mental health. The various chapters cover the myths, neurophysiology, perception, measurement and management of pain in mental health. The most common problems, including mood disorders, schizophrenia, anxiety, somatoform disorders and pervasive developmental disorders, are covered. Each chapter addresses the problem of pain by putting an emphasis on the characteristics of different populations of patients suffering from mental illness. The book helps specialists working in different areas of mental health to appreciate the importance of pain problems in mental health and also offers avenues for the measurement and treatment of pain in these patients. Mental health and pain are complex issues. They also share certain mutually influential neurophysiological mechanisms, which makes it even more difficult to identify their specific individual characteristics. This duality between the somatic and psychic components can become a pitfall for the specialist in mental health since it can be difficult to disentangle the evolution of a painful condition from the mental illness.
- Author BiographySerge Marchand and Isabelle Gaumond are professors at the Medicine Faculty in Sherbrooke, Canada. They are both experts in the neurophysiology of pain and work at the Etienne-Le Bel Clinical Research Center, where Serge Marchand serves as director. Djea Saravane teaches at the Medicine South Ouest Paris faculty, which works closely with the Etienne-Le Bel Clinical Research Center and is head of a department at the Ville-Evrard hospital in France.
- PublisherSpringer Editions
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintSpringer Editions
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight486 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDjea Saravane,Isabelle Gaumond,Serge Marchand
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.