All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionMental Health and Productivity in the Workplace is a comprehensive and practical guide to identifying, understanding, preventing, and resolving individual and organizational mental health problems in the workplace. Originally published as Mental Health in the Workplace (Van Nostrand/Wiley, 1993), this completely revised, updated, and expanded edition represents the most current thinking in the field and contains contributions from an expert panel of organizational and occupational psychiatrists. With fifty percent more chapters, this new edition adds essential material on creating systems and cultures that encourage organizational productivity and employee mental health and on finding cost-effective,quality mental health care. The book focuses on problems that start at the top (executive dysfunction) as well as on the effects of organizational structure, office politics, chronic change, downsizing and employment uncertainty, office wide emotional crises, and aspects of organizational development. In addition, this helpful resource includes information about such basic issues as anxiety, stress, burut, depression, drug and alcohol abuse, violence, and psychosis.
- Author BiographyJeffrey P. Kahn, M.D., is president of WorkPsych Associates, which provides executive assessment, development, coaching, and treatment as well as management, human resource, organizational, and benefits consultation for a wide range of corporations and individuals (www.WorkPsychCorp.com). He also is past president of the Academy of Organizational and Occupational Psychiatry and a clinical assistant professor of psychiatry at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University in Manhattan. Alan M. Langlieb, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., has broad experience in increasing public awareness of mental health issues, especially in business and through the media. He is an assistant professor of psychiatry at The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)Alan M. Langlieb,Jeffrey P. Kahn,Marcia Kraft Goin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2002
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1142 g
- Width185 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.