All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last few years, psychiatry in the field of mental retardation has begun to reexamine the subtler effects of the medications it employs. This volume is designed to further our understanding of the pharmacologic treatability of the mental illnesses that individuals with mental retardation often display. The book shows how mentally retarded patients can benefit from pharmacological interventions that are part of a multisystems approach to treatment, the aim of which is to maintain or increase the cognitive functioning of the individual. In this respect, pharmacologic and polypharmacologic approaches are sought to provide more efficacious, less toxic treatment regimens for these patients. New insights into the nature of neurological disturbance in mental retardation are presented, and the book offers a practical guide to the treatment of developmentally disabled people.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/1991
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDr. John J. Ratey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.