Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe pursuit of excellence in sport depends on four key facets of performance, namely physical, technical, tactical and mental skills. However, when physical, technical and tactical skills are evenly matched, a common occurrence at elite level, it is the performer with greater levels of mental toughness that seems to prevail most often. This book brings together the world's leading researchers and practitioners working on mental toughness to discuss this vital ingredient of performance excellence in sport, to survey the latest research and to present cutting-edge developments in theory and professional practice. It explores key conceptual, methodological and practical issues including: * what mental toughness is and is t * how to measure mental toughness in sport * how to develop mental toughness in sport * mental toughness in other human performance settings, from business to coping and life skills. Also highlighting important avenues for future research, Mental Toughness in Sport is essential reading for all advanced students, researchers and practitioners with an interest in sport psychology or performance sport.
- Author BiographyDaniel F. Gucciardi is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Human Movement Studies, The University of Queensland, Australia. Sandy Gordon is a Professor in the School of Sport Science, Exercise and Health, The University of Western Australia, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sport and Exercise Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDaniel Gucciardi,Sandy Gordon
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.