Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $44.16Trending at AU $49.40
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.25
- AU $18.09Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $45.99
- AU $39.59Trending at AU $48.92
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $17.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson's Mentats of Dune, the thinking machines have been defeated but the struggle for humanity's future continues. Gilbertus Albans has founded the Mentat School, a place where humans can learn the efficient techniques of thinking machines. But Gilbertus walks an uneasy line between his own convictions and compromises in order to survive the Butlerian fanatics, led by the madman Manford Torondo and his Swordmaster Anari Idaho. Mother Superior Raquella attempts to rebuild her Sisterhood School on Wallach IX, with her most talented and ambitious student, Valya Harkonnen, who also has ather goal to exact revenge on Vorian Atreides, the legendary hero of the Jihad, whom she blames for her family's downfall. Meanwhile, Josef Venport conducts his own war against the Butlerians. VenHold Spacing Fleet controls nearly all commerce thanks to the superior mutated Navigators that Venport has created, and he places a ruthless embargo on any planet that accepts Manford Torondo's anti-techlogy pledge, hoping to starve them into submission. But fanatics rarely surrender easily . . . The Mentats, the Navigators, and the Sisterhood all strive to improve the human race, but each group kws that as Butlerian fanaticism grows stronger, the battle will be to choose the path of humanity's future whether to embrace civilization, or to plunge into an endless dark age.
- Author BiographyBRIAN HERBERT, the son of Frank Herbert, is the author of multiple New York Times bestsellers. In 2003, he published Dreamer of Dune, a moving biography of his father that was nominated for the Hugo Award. His other novels include Man of Two Worlds (written with Frank Herbert), Sudanna Sudanna, and The Little Green Book of Chairman Rahma. KEVIN J. ANDERSON has written dozens of national bestsellers and has been nominated for the Nebula Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the SFX Readers' Choice Award. His critically acclaimed original novels include the ambitious space opera series The Saga of Seven Suns, including The Dark Between the Stars, as well as the Terra Incognita fantasy epic with its two accompanying rock CDs. He also set the Guinness-certified world record for the largest single-author book signing.SCOTT BRICK first began narrating audiobooks in 2000, and after recording almost 400 titles in five years, AudioFile magazine named Brick a Golden Voice and one of the fastest-rising stars in the audiobook galaxy. He has read a number of titles in Frank Herbert's bestselling Dune series, and he won the 2003 Science Fiction Audie Award for Dune: The Butlerian Jihad. Brick has narrated for many popular authors, including Michael Pollan, Joseph Finder, Tom Clancy, and Ayn Rand. He has also won over 40 AudioFile Earphones Awards and the AudioFile award for Best Voice in Mystery and Suspense 2011. In 2007, Brick was named Publishers Weekly 's Narrator of the Year.
- Author(s)Brian Herbert,Kevin J Anderson
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight476 g
- Width132 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Read byScott Brick
- Contained items statement17 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1320
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.