Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition of Mentoring Guidebook Level 1: Starting the Journey defines the mentor's role and provides tools for building trust and effective communication. New selections include information on successful observation and multiple intelligences. This guidebook covers the basic principles of mentoring and important teaching practices shared by mentors, including: Teaching with the multiple intelligences Assessing student work Managing an interactive classroom Handling disruptive students Selections from experts in the field make this an invaluable resource for beginning the mentoring process.
- Author BiographyKay Burke has served as an award-winning classroom teacher and a school administrator, university instructor, and international professional developer. She works with Kay Burke & Associates, LLC, to provide workshops for teachers and administrators in standards-based learning, performance assessment, classroom management, mentoring, and portfolio development. For the past 18 years, Burke has presented at state and national conferences such as ASCD, NSDC, NAESP, NASSP, NMSA, and IRA as well as international conferences in Canada and Australia. She is the author of 10 professional development books and coauthor of a college textbook on assessment. Corwin Press published Burke's best-selling From Standards to Rubrics in Six Steps: Tools for Assessing Student Learning, K-8 (2006), a 2007 finalist for the Distinguished Achievement Award for Excellence in Educational Publishing presented by the Association of Educational Publishers. Other books published by Corwin Press include How to Assess Authentic Learning, Fourth Edition (2005) and What to Do With the Kid Who: Developing Cooperation, Self-Discipline and Responsibility in the Classroom (Third Edition).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight975 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKathleen B. Burke,Kay Burke
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.