All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMentoring has always been an important factor in life and particularly in academia. In fact, making choices about educational pursuits and subsequent careers without input from mentors can prove disastrous. Fortunately, many individuals have na- ral mentors and for them these choices are greatly facilitated. Others are t pri- leged with natural mentors and as such often struggle with making these tough choices. Many times these individuals are from under served and disadvantaged backgrounds, where mentors are too few and far between. For them, deciding on which career path to take can be based t only on insufficient information but oft times on inaccurate information. Although the tips in this mograph are designed for helping all individuals who are interested in pursuing the study of science and science careers, a special mentoring focus is on those students who have t expe- enced the advantages of the privileged class. Additionally, tips are included for those who are interested in effectively mentoring these individuals. How and why a person gets to that point of wanting to mentor is t as important as the fact that they have made that commitment and this mograph will help them do exactly that. When I received my PhD in Reproductive Endocrilogy from the University of Wisconsin, I was ready and anxious to discover all kinds of new and exciting aspects about this field of science.
- Author(s)Thomas Landefeld
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMentoring in Academia and Industry
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.