Mentoring and Induction Programs That Support New Principals by Susan Villani (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.06+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Dr. Villani's comprehensive new book gives our profession-especially those who are new to it-a terrific boost. With clarity and great care, Villani outlines the critical need for mentoring and induction programs for new school leaders. Using excellent examples, she shows us the extremely difficult and varied situations principals face daily. Then she explores well-documented model programs from across the nation that serve as examples and inspiration for all school leaders' - Dr. Vincent L. Ferrandi, Executive Director, NAESP 'Susan Villani's Mentoring & Induction Programs that Support New Principals is a comprehensive compendium of ideas and models drawn from school systems, regional education agencies, states, professional associations, and universities. Villani makes a compelling case for the value of supporting beginning principals in new and more powerful ways. She describes how changing educational policies and escalating demands on the principalship have caused an increasing number of states and local districts to seek improved ways to support new principals early in their administrative careers. Most important, Villani provides guidance to readers in translating these ideas and models into new or stronger mentoring and induction programs for the next generation of school principals' - Dr. Dennis Sparks, Executive Director, NSDC 'There is increasing evidence as to the significant role which principals play in reforming schools and in increasing student achievement. Principal induction and mentoring are key components of effective leadership development. This text provides an effective guide for organizations supporting the development of school principals' - Dr. Gerald N. Tirozzi, Executive Director, NASSP Make it possible for all new headteachers to realize their full potential! A well-prepared new headteacher is essential to the success of an entire school. So why is it one of the least supported positions in the building? In Mentoring and Induction Programs That Support New Principals, mentoring expert Susan Villani addresses the key question of how well new headteachers are prepared and supported. This is an ideal resource for developing a mentoring or induction program for headteachers, or for enhancing your existing program. This invative new text offers a close examination of the state of headship and the needs of new headteachers, as well as a detailed compilation of headteacher mentoring and induction programs throughout the United States. This useful, hands-on guidebook includes: - A complete understanding of the challenges facing new headteachers - Practical examples and enlightening vignettes to clearly illustrate challenges often faced by new headteachers - Detailed tips to encourage and foster new headteachers - A clear, easy to understand comparison of model mentoring and induction programs
- Author BiographySusan Villani has been training teachers and administrators to become more effective instructors and leaders for over 30 years. A member of WestEd's Learning Innovations, Villani specializes in consulting and professional development in the area of mentoring and induction programs for new teachers and principals, and collaborative coaching training for math and literacy coaches, as well as mentors. Villani has worked with thousands of new and experienced teachers and administrators who have reported improvement in their practice and heightened job satisfaction, resulting in improved academic performance of tens of thousands of students. Villani chaired the Teacher Quality Initiative of the New York Comprehensive Center. Also, as coordinator for Project ACROSS (Alternative Certification Route with On-going Support Systems), Villani has worked with over 100 New Hampshire teachers seeking alternative certification and with their mentors. She also worked with district educators through two technology support teacher centers that enhance teacher effectiveness for New Hampshire teachers. Villani consulted with and provided professional development for Maine educators to design and implement a statewide new-teacher mentoring program linked to the new Maine Teaching Standards. In collaboration with the New York State Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, she helped districts and other service providers meet the new state law requiring mentoring programs for new teachers. Such work helps increase teacher retention and quality. Villani also works with school principals and district administrators throughout the East Coast to help them enrich their practice and heighten their effectiveness with faculty and staff. Embedded in all of Villani's work is a commitment to help all educators be culturally proficient, thereby being sensitive to and addressing the needs of all students and their families, as well as school and consulting staff. Villani is the author of Are You Sure You're the Principal? Guiding New and Aspiring Leaders, and Mentoring and Induction Programs That Support New Principals. In 2007, Villani coauthored, with Kathy Dunne, Mentoring New Teachers Through Collaborative Coaching: Linking Teacher and Student Learning and the accompanying facilitation and training guide. Villani frequently presents at national and regional conferences. Prior to joining WestEd in 2000, Villani was a school principal for 21 years and served as an adjunct faculty member at Lesley University for more than 10 years. She received a BA in business administration from Harpur College of Arts and Sciences, S.U.N.Y. at Binghamton, an MEd in elementary education from Tufts University, and an EdD in educational administration from Northeastern University.
- Author(s)Susan Villani
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.