All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMentoring is vital to success in both achieving a doctorate and in establishing a productive, satisfying career. Yet, the current apprenticeship model of doctoral education leaves many students feeling mystified, isolated, and overwhelmed. This book provides an antidote to marginalization in the academy. Drawing from the experiences of current and recent doctoral candidates, Mentoring and Making It illuminates the often covert rms of the academic enterprise and provides a rich and detailed overview of the steps involved in becoming a PhD. Written for students aspiring toward the doctorate, current doctoral candidates, and PhDs positioned at any step on the tenure ladder, Mentoring and Making It is an essential guide for PhD earners in their quest to create a rewarding career path within or outside of the ivory tower.
- Author BiographyElena Klaw, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychology and the Director of the Center for Community Learning & Leadership at San Jose State University in San Jose, California. She holds a PhD in Clinical and Community Psychology and served as an Affiliate Scholar with Stanford University's Institute for Research on Women and Gender. Dr. Klaw has published in the areas of mentoring, mutual-help, and violence against women. She speaks widely as an activist, researcher and lecturer dedicated to social equity.
- Author(s)Elena Klaw
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication23/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byMichael Berube
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.