All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArranged in a unique menu format, this cookbook takes the reader on a stalgic culinary journey through Punjab. Featues signature village recipes like Buttermilk Stew with Vegetable Pakoras and the famous Saag and Mukke Di Roti (Stewed Mixed Greens with Corn Flatbread), as well as recipes from a Maharajah's table such as a stunning Roast Leg of Lamb and Royal Bread Pudding. A colourful historical vignette or family anecdote introduces each menu, bringing the culture and cuisine of Pubjab alive for readers.
- Author BiographyVeronica Sidhu spent thirty years at the side of her Punjabi mother-in-law in kitchens and communities in India and the U.S. After a busy career as a high-school guidance director and pioneer in the Punjabi Sikh community of New Jersey, Sidhu began teaching Punjabi cooking in order to raise money for scholarships in her grandson's memory. She resides in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Veronica Sidhu
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/11/2009
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight594 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.