All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe second half of the 1950s gave Mercedes customers an exciting line of new cars that offered them everything from the frugal 180 diesel to the iconic 300SL. Every 180D driver felt deep in the genes of his ponton a bit of the technical brilliance of a 300SL Gullwing. If you are interested to read more about these great Mercedes cars, this book tells their story. An earlier volume talks about the 170, 220 and 300 series. This reference work <ul><li> covers the <b><i>180 and 220 ponton series, the 190SL and both 300SL</i></b></li><li> deals with rare cars such as the <b><i>South African 180 Bakkie </i></b></li><li> talks about the ponton coach-built versions </li><li> discusses the rare and t always understood <b><i>Hydrak semi-automatic</i></b></li><li> mentions the race activities, some accompanied by very rare original photos </li><li> introduces the reader to a <b><i>unique pre-production roadster</i></b> that miraculously survived in private hands till today </li><li> takes the reader along to drive these cars and </li><li> comes with <b><i>superb recent n-Daimler AG color photography.</i></b></li></ul> Ather part of the book is devoted to the technical details and complete annual production history of each model. A separate chapter covers the career of Uhlenhaut, Wilfert and Nallinger in the company. Without them, all these beautiful cars would t have been possible. Why is this book t available as hard cover? Even today with modern digital printing services available, books with many color photos are expensive to produce. This book comes with over 270 high quality photos, most of them in color, and would cost retail as hardcover version close to US$ 70 (or the corresponding amount in or ), which the author finds excessive. That is why the choice to offer the more reasonable to produce soft cover option. <b><i>FREE BONUS: </i></b> When you have bought this book, you are eligible for a free pdf file of any Mercedes model (such as the W111 or W186 for example) the author has covered in one of his books. Please contact the author through his website (inside the book) and stipulate, which free pdf file you want him to send to you.
- Author BiographyWith over 25 books and e-books written about Mercedes-Benz cars, Bernd S. Koehling has proven to be an authority on the brand. Those books cover cars from the 1947 170V to the 2012 SL R231. Bernd has been involved in the Mercedes scene since the early 1970s, when he restored his first 170 Cabrio B. Since then he has not only owned many classic Mercedes including a 220S, 300d Adenauer, 200D, 250SE, 280SE coupe 3.5, 300SEL, 350SL, 280E, 450SE, SLK230, he has also gained a wealth of knowledge and experience, which he shares with his readers in his books. Bernd has always considered Mercedes one of his favorite car manufacturers and has driven almost all Mercedes models built since the 1950s. His other weakness revolves around British cars, here especially Jaguar and Alvis.
- Author(s)Bernd S Koehling
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight962 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.