All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFive inspired patterns for a versatile wardrobe Make what you love and love what you make. In this, the follow-up to the Merchant & Mills Sewing Book, expert dressmaker Carolyn Denham turns her attention to tailoring classic garments. Five garments - a top, jacket, dress, skirt and trousers - are examined in turn. Learn how to make the basic garments, and explore the different techniques used to fit patterns accurately. Discover how to adapt sleeves, cuffs, pockets, lapels, and to adjust length and sizing of garments. Each of the chapters introduces the specialist techniques behind the garments. this extended overview examines the professional approach in some depth and will enable maker to go beyond the projects presented in the book, into the heady realms of experimentation and self-expression. Imagination is the only limit. With the addition of attention, patience and a little dedication, the Merchant & Mills Workbook can be put to good use in creating a complete wardrobe based on five adaptable patterns. By choosing seasonal cloth, the versatility of these projects can be enjoyed from the first hint of Spring to the end of Winter. two full-sized paper patterns are provided with the book. the remaining patterns will be available online.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Denham and Roderick Field, aka Merchant & Mills, produce a range of patterns and ready-to-make kits and superb notions in utilitarian packaging. Carolyn has a degree in fashion and spent several years in interior design. Roderick is a photographer and writer with works in the National Portrait Gallery. Merchant & Mills products are stocked by the Design Museum, Liberty, the Victoria and Albert Museum and Selvedge as well as by independent retailers all over the UK and selected outlets in France, Japan and the US. Their first book, Merchant & Mills Sewing Book is available from Pavilion Lifestyle.
- Author(s)Merchant Mills
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins & Brown
- Content NoteOver 100 photos and illustrations
- Weight950 g
- Width220 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.