All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionMercury has many applications in scientific research and industry from amalgams for dental restoration to light bulbs. Developed from a combination of material originally published in Russian and the authors' research kwledge, this book provides a comprehensive treatise on the chemistry and metallurgy of amalgams. Coverage includes analysis, physico-chemical properties, electrochemistry, purification, irganic and organic mercury chemistry, industrial application and synthesis and environmental aspects of mercury. This book provides a thorough understanding of amalgam metallurgy which is essential for academics, industrialists and postgraduates working in relevant fields. Guaranteed to bring a wealth of information, this book will be a welcome addition to the literature.
- Author BiographyLeonid Kozin is a leading Ukrainian electrochemist specialising in chemical technology, physical chemistry, electrochemistry and electro-hydrometallurgical treatment methods to achieve high-purity metals. He studied chemistry at the Kiev Polytechnic University and graduated as an Electrochemical Manufacturing Process Engineer. From 1961-1980 he worked at the Academy of Sciences Kazakhstan where he gained his PhD. He has been Professor of Electrochemistry since 1971 and achieved many prizes for his work on high-purity metals. Author of several books, papers and patents, he is now Head of Department at the Institute of General and Inorganic chemistry at the Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences in Kiev. Steve Hansen completed his BSc in Physical Metallurgy at Washington State University in 1980 and went on to do an MSc at the University of Illinois and a PhD in Materials Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is now a Senior Research and Development Engineer for APL Engineered Materials, Inc and has several books, patents and journal papers published on amalgam design and metallurgy and metal halide systems in his name.
- Author(s)Leonid F. Kozin,S. C. Hansen
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteill
- Weight676 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.