All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this Gazetteer and Atlas of Astromy (GAA) is to list, define and illustrate, for the first time, every named (as opposed to merely catalogued) object in the sky within a single reference work for use by the general reader, writers and editors dealing with astromical themes, and those astromers concerned with any aspect of astromical menclature. Each part of the GAA will contain: * An introduction to the menclature of the body or group of bodies in question * A glossary of termilogy used * A gazetteer listing in strict alphanumerical sequence essential information defining the body or feature concerned * An alphanumerically arranged classified index of all the headwords in the gazetteer * An atlas comprising maps and images with coordinate grids and labels identifying features listed in the gazetteer * Appendix material on the IAU menclature system and the transcription systems used for n-roman alphabets
- Author BiographyTerry Mahoney is an astronomer at the IAC's Scientific Editorial Service, where he works as a scientific editor revising and formatting research articles for the astronomical press. He is Astronomy Adviser to the Oxford English Dictionary and a member of the editorial staff of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series. His main research is in galactic structure, but he has a keen interest in the history of astronomy, chairing the IAU Johannes Kepler Working Group and co-chairing the International Year of Astronomy 2009 Kepler Task Group. He is a member of the Astronomy Communication Journal Working Group and a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Author(s)Terry Mahoney
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/11/2013
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 108 colour illustrations, 33 black & white tables, biography
- Weight877 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.