All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom New York Times bestselling author Mariah Stewart comes a vel of sexy romantic suspense for fans of Nora Roberts, Catherine Coulter, and Karen Robards. <br>Mariah Stewart crafts compelling stories of romantic suspense, full of richly imagined characters, dazzling plot twists, and breathless action that keeps the pages turning. Now Stewart begins a thrilling new series-with a vel that proves to be her biggest and boldest yet. <br> On a balmy spring evening, four high school seniors-three boys and a girl-enter a park in the small Pennsylvania city of Conroy. The next morning, two of the boys are found shot to death, and the girl and the third boy are gone. After three weeks with leads and sign of either of the two missing teenagers, the chief of police begins to wonder if they too were victims. But with other suspects, the authorities conclude that one of these kids was the shooter. <br> The missing boy's grandmother, a secretary at the local parish church, maintains his incence. On her behalf, the parish priest, Father Kevin Burch, hires former detective Mallory Russo as a private investigator to figure out what happened in the park that night. Mallory had ended her nine-year stint with the Conroy police force some time ago after becoming a target of a smear campaign. Now a true-crime author, Mallory is surprised to receive the priest's offer-and highly intrigued by the case. She can't help but accept the challenge-especially when she learns that her investigation will be financed by Father Burch's cousin the reclusive billionaire Robert Magellan, a man whose own wife and infant son disappeared without a trace a year ago, a man who understands the heartache of t kwing what happened to a loved one. <br> Detective Charlie Wanamaker is facing ather sort of tragedy. He fled Conroy years ago with plans to return to what he considered a dying factory town-until a family emergency brought him back. Finding the situation much worse than he'd thought, he trades his job as a big-city detective for one with the Conroy police department. Assigned to the park shooting case, Charlie quickly realizes that the initial investigation left a lot of questions unanswered. Ufficially, he teams up with Mallory to uncover the truth and find the two kids, dead or alive. What Charlie and Mallory discover will take them down a twisted path that leads to an old unsolved murder-and justice for a killer with a heart of stone. <br> Mercy Street is tautly paced, resonant with emotion, and relentlessly gripping. It showcases Mariah Stewart at her most brilliant, as she ratchets up the suspense to new levels of excitement. <br>Praise for Mariah Stewart <br> Mariah Stewart is one to watch and savor for a long time. - The Philadelphia Inquirer <br> Stewart can always be counted on to write an exciting romantic suspense thriller. -TheBestReviews.com <p> From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyMariah Stewart is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twenty-three novels. A native of Hightstown, New Jersey, she lives in Chester County, Pennsylvania, with her husband and their two daughters. <p> From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Mariah Stewart
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleMercy Street Novels (Paperback)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight191 g
- Width105 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.