Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth understanding of the meridians and acupoints lies at the heart of effective practice in traditional Chinese medicine. This book outlines everything that practitioners and students need to kw. The book explains how meridians relate to the major organs, where they are located in the body, and how they are linked to the healthy flow of Qi and blood. A large section of the book is devoted to descriptions of specific acupoints - their names, how to locate them, an introduction to the symptoms they can be used to treat, and how. Also included is a thorough introduction to the basics of acupuncture practice, including how to prepare a patient prior to treatment, how to insert and manipulate acupuncture needles, how and when to use moxibustion and cupping techniques, and what to do if treatment goes wrong. This useful and authoritative textbook, compiled by the China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Centre (CBIATC), under the editorial direction of leading Chinese clinicians Zhu Bing and Wang Hongcai, is essential reading for students of traditional Chinese medicine, and an excellent reference for acupuncture practitioners at all levels.
- Author BiographyZhu Bing and Wang Hongcai teach at the China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center (CBIATC), an organisation founded in 1975 at the request of the World Health Organisation. CBIATC has a prestigious reputation as one of the world's leading training organisations in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleInternational Acupuncture Textbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content NoteLine drawings and tones
- Weight689 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byWang Hongcai,Zhu Bing
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.