All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.18
About this product
- DescriptionOn the grounds of a Caribbean island resort, newlyweds Deb and Chip-our opinionated, skeptical narrator and her cheerful jock husband who's friendly to a fault-meet a marine biologist who says she's sighted mermaids in a coral reef. As the resort's parent company swoops in to corner the market on mythological creatures, the couple joins forces with other adventurous souls, including an ex-Navy SEAL with a love of explosives and a hipster Tokyo VJ, to save said mermaids from the Venture of Marvels, which wants to turn their reef into a theme park. Mermaids in Paradise is Lydia Millet's funniest book yet, tempering the sharp satire of her early career with the empathy and subtlety of her more recent vels and short stories. This is an unforgettable, mesmerizing tale, darkly comic on the surface and illuminating in its depths.
- Author BiographyLydia Millet is the author of the novels Sweet Lamb of Heaven, Mermaids in Paradise, Ghost Lights (a New York Times Notable Book), Magnificence (finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize) and other books. Her story collection Love in Infant Monkeys was a Pulitzer Prize finalist. She lives outside Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Lydia Millet
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight230 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.