All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis fantastic collection of true tales celebrates the strange and curious secrets of Merseyside's history. The fifty stories inside - from the lion in the wheelbarrow on the tightrope to the twelve young women 'smothered by the incurable malady they caught of some sailors', the true tale of the 'man in the iron coffin' and the strange and mysterious disappearance of the Everest mountaineers from Birkenhead - uncover some truly amazing and extraordinary facets of the area's history and heritage. Richly illustrated and compiled by Liverpool's own historian Ken Pye, this book will delight residents and visitors alike.
- Author BiographyKen Pye is university director of professional education at Liverpool Hope University. He is a respected local historian, and a frequent contributor to journals, magazines, and newspapers. As well as being a frequent after-dinner speaker, and a broadcaster for both radio and television, he is the official historian for Radio City. Ken also has a weekly local history slot on BBC Radio Merseyside. His previous books on the region include the acclaimed book (and series of DVD documentaries) Discover Liverpool, as well as Bloody British History: Liverpool.
- Author(s)Ken Pye
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.