Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition of Messa da Requiem is based on Verdi's autograph score and other authentic sources. The appendixes include two pieces from the compositional history of the Requiem: an early version of the Libera me, composed in 1869 as part of a collaborative work planned as a memorial to Rossini; and the Liber scriptus, which in the original score of the Manzoni memorial Requiem was composed as a fugue in G mir. The introduction to the score discusses the work's genesis, instrumentation, and problems of tation, while the critical commentary discusses the editorial decisions and traces the complex compositional history of the Requiem.
- Author BiographyDavid Rosen is professor emeritus of music at Cornell University and the author of Verdi: Requiem.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Verdi
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2017
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight1293 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byDavid Rosen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.