All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs Europe plunged into World War II, Hitler ordered the development of a hi-tech secret weapon capable of taking the war across the Atlantic - the Messerschmitt Me 264. Chosen from designs for an 'Amerika Bomber' tendered by Messerschmitt, Junkers and Focke-Wulf, this ultra-long-range aircraft would be capable of attacking cities in the United States. Just one month before the attack on Pearl Harbor and the American entry into World War II Hitler was promising, privately, to wage a 'new war' against the USA after his victories in Europe. Dazzling digital artwork and 50 rare archive photographs perfectly complement the detailed analysis offered by Robert Forsyth as he examines the development, intended role and influence of the aircraft that Hitler planned to use to bomb New York City.
- Author BiographyRobert Forsyth has studied the aircraft, history and operations of the Luftwaffe for many years. He now works full time in publishing, and is the author of JV 44 - The Galland Circus (1996), Battle over Bavaria: The B-26 versus the German Jets (1998), Mistel: German Composite Aircraft and Operations 1942-1945 (2001), and Messerschmitt Me 264 Amerikabomber (2006 - with Eddie J Creek). Jim Laurier is a native of New England and lives in New Hampshire. He attended Paier School of Art in Hamden, Connecticut, from 1974-78, and since graduating with Honours, he has been working professionally in the field of Fine Art and Illustration. He has been commissioned to paint for the US Air Force and has aviation paintings on permanent display at the Pentagon. Jim created the cutaway and profile art for this book. Gareth Hector is a digital artist of international standing as well as an aviation history enthusiast. Gareth completed the battlescene artwork and cover artwork for this book.
- Author(s)Robert Forsyth
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Series TitleX-Planes
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50 b/w; 5 col
- Weight263 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Laurier,Gareth Hector
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.