Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe first comprehensive overview of an emerging field, Metabolic Medicine and Surgery introduces a new paradigm in patient management that crosses existing subspecialty boundaries. This approach is necessitated by the challenges of treating patients with obesity, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and prediabetes, as well as those with maldigestion, malabsorption, malnutrition and nutritional deficiencies. This book teaches physicians and surgeons what they need to kw about clinical nutrition, metabolism and the metabolic effects of bariatric surgery. It is also applicable to those in primary care, including physicians, residents, medical students, nurses and nurse practitioners, physician assistants and dietitians who are on the front lines of treating patients with obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. The book is presented in four sections: 1. An Overview of Metabolic Medicine and Surgery; 2. Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Resistance and Obesity; 3. Diseases of Undernutrition and Absorption; 4. A Nutritional Relationship to Neurological Diseases. It contains chapters from world-rewned experts who are widely published in major medical journals. The book also benefits from the contributions of clinicians with extensive experience and perspective in the field, including many who have been witness to its major developments. This book's strength lies in the cross-specialty consensus created by the collaboration of the editors and further developed by their rewned contributors. It demonstrates how medicine, surgery, therapeutics, and nutrition can be combined synergistically to impact patient outcomes. It crystallizes the efforts of a multitude of physicians and scientists trying to control the linked pandemics of obesity, type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This book helps you develop comprehensive solutions to diseases afflicting vast numbers of patients worldwide.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Rothkopf is a recognized leader in the field of clinical nutrition and Metabolic Medicine. He has over 30 years of clinical experience and an international reputation as an authority in the areas of nutritional support, obesity management and the postoperative care of bariatric surgery patients. He is has been awarded Fellowship status at the American College of Nutrition, the American College of Physicians and the Obesity Society. He serves in a critical capacity on the two separate organizations that certify physicians on knowledge in Nutrition - the Certifying Board of Nutrition Specialists and the National Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists. Dr. Rothkopf graduated with dual degrees in biology and communications from Syracuse University, where he attended the Newhouse School of Public Communication. He received his medical degree from the Eastern Virginia Medical School where he performed metabolic research at the Jones Center for Reproductive Medicine. He was an Internal Medicine resident at Rutgers/NJ Medical School and Chief Medical Resident at the VA Medical Center. He did his fellowship in Nutrition and Metabolism under Dr. John Kinney at the Surgical Metabolic Unit of Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York. He was mentored in functional biochemistry by Dr Eric Newsholme of Oxford University. Dr. Rothkopf has been a nutrition consultant at multiple NJ hospitals. He is the author of 2 prior textbooks and over 100 scientific publications. He serves on the board of directors of the ACN. He was chairman of the 52nd and 53rd Annual Meetings of the ACN. He currently serves as the Director of Metabolic Medicine at Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note86 black & white illustrations, 58 black & white tables
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byLisa P. Haverstick,Michael J. Nusbaum,Michael M. Rothkopf
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.