All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatients with personality disorders need targeted treatments which are able to deal with the specific aspects of the core pathology and to tackle the challenges they present to the treatment clinicians. Such patients, however, are often difficult to engage, are prone to ruptures in the therapeutic alliance, and have difficulty adhering to a manualized treatment. Giancarlo Dimaggio, Antonella Monta, Raffaele Popolo and Giampaolo Salvatore aim to change this, and have developed a practical and systematic manual for the clinician, using Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy (MIT), and including detailed procedures for dealing with a range of personality disorders. The book is divided into two parts, Pathology, and Treatment, and provides precise instructions on how to move from the basic steps of forming an alliance, drafting a therapy contract and promoting self-reflections, to the more advanced steps of promoting change and helping the patient move toward health and adaptation. With clinical examples, summaries of therapies, and excerpts of session transcripts, Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy for Personality Disorders will be welcomed by psychotherapists, clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals involved in the treatment of personality disorders.
- Author BiographyGiancarlo Dimaggio is a co-founding member of the Center for Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy. He is the author of four books and numerous articles. Antonella Montano is a founding member and director of the psychotherapy school A.T. Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. He is a teacher and supervisor of the Associazione Italiana Analisi e Modificazione del Comportamento (AIAMC), a certified trainer/consultant/speaker/supervisor of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT), a member of the International Association for Cognitive Psychotherapy (IACP) and a member of the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM). Raffaele Popolo is a co-founding member of the Center for Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy, a trainer at the Societa Italiana di Terapia Comportamentale e Cognitiva (SITCC)a trainer of the psychotherapy school 'Studi Cognitivi'. Giampaolo Salvatore is a co-founding member of the Center for Metacognitive Interpersonal Therapy, a trainer at A.T. Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
- Author(s)Antonella Montano,Giampaolo Salvatore,Giancarlo Dimaggio,Raffaele Popolo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.