All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionMetagemics has proven to be a powerful tool for exploring the ecology, metabolic profiling, and comparison of complex microbial communities as well as its important applications in the mining of metagemes for genes encoding vel biocatalysts and drug molecules for bioindustries. In Metagemics: Methods and Protocols, expert researches provide an overview and introduction to basic methods commonly used in laboratories that have a strong background in microbial metagemics. The book attempts to address all of the working steps involved in this crucial field, beginning with DNA isolation from soils and marine samples and continuing with the construction and screening of libraries, along with key advise involving bioinformatic tools available to analyze large metagemic sequence data sets. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biologya series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Metagemics: Methods and Protocols serves as a very complete guide to available screening protocols for all major biocatalysts in order to allow for the easy setup of these screens in any microbiology lab.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 668
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables
- Weight862 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRolf Daniel,Wolfgang R. Streit
- Edition Statement2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.