All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for engineers and related professionals in the oil and gas production industries. It is intended for use by personnel with limited backgrounds in chemistry, metallurgy, and corrosion and will give them a general understanding of how and why corrosion occurs and the practical approaches to how the effects of corrosion can be mitigated. It is also an asset to the entry-level corrosion control professional who may have a theoretical background in metallurgy, chemistry, or a related field, but who needs to understand the practical limitations of large-scale industrial operations associated with oil and gas production. While the may use by technicians and others with limited formal technical training, it will be written on a level intended for use by engineers having had some exposure to college-level chemistry and some familiarity with materials and engineering design.
- Author BiographyRobert Heidersbach, PhD, is the President of Dr. Rust, Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in corrosion, metallurgy, and materials consulting for a variety of international clients, including oil and gas production, military hardware, construction, litigation, and failure analysis. He was previously a faculty member in ocean engineering at the University of Rhode Island, chemical engineering at Oklahoma State, and metallurgy and materials engineering at California Polytechnic State University.
- Author(s)Robert Heidersbach
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleWiley Series in Corrosion
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight900 g
- Width217 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine48 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.