All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionLike other hermeneutic objects in Proust's vel, the body has a rich but equivocal potential as a signifier, both inviting and resisting interpretation. Setting out from the original transparency of the maternal body in Combray, the hero's successive misreadings of bodies form an important part of his extended subjection to illusion. This enthrallment to error will t dissipate until the final revelations of Le Temps retrouve, where, on the threshold of discovering his artistic vocation, bodies acquire a new transparency for the hero, stripped of the myth-making power that characterized their earlier status in the vel.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Richard W. Saunders received his Ph.D. in Romance Languages from The Catholic University of America. He has taugth at Indiana University, Howard University, and The Catholic University of America. He is currently an adjunct professor of French in the Department of Language and Foreign Studies of The American University in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Richard W. Saunders
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReading Plus
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight540 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.