All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionHe s a young artist obsessed with myths. But can he fix his own fate? Acclaimed author Betsy Franco and her talented son collaborate on a hip YA vel of epic proportions. Life. Love. Death. Identity. Ovid s got a lot on his mind, and he pours it all as confessions, observations, narrative poems, and drawings into the pages of a tebook. Inspired by his namesake, he wryly records his classmates dramas as modern-day Roman mythology. There s Sophie and Caleb, the Psyche and Cupid of cyber-couples; poetic Paula, who pursues filmmaker Franny like Apollo chasing Daphne; and graphic velist Duwayne, a Proserpina shuttling between divorced parents. Meanwhile, Ovid hides his own Olympian struggles: his meth addict sister Thena has run off, leaving him with a suffocating home life and a disturbing secret. In her striking YA debut, Betsy Franco introduces an expressive soul with a heartbreakingly authentic voice. Fantastical ink illustrations by her son Tom Franco enhance the intimate tone, delving deep into one intriguing teen s imagination.
- Author BiographyBetsy Franco has written more than thirty books and anthologies for children. She originally wrote METAMORPHOSIS as a collection of poems, which called to mind her son Tom s notebook and journal drawings. She lives in California. Tom Franco has been a creative artist since the age of thirteen. The drawings in METAMORPHOSIS were created during his high-school years and reworked as a series for this book. He lives in California.
- Author(s)Betsy Franco
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, frontispiece
- Weight277 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Franco
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.