Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionMetapsychology and the Foundations of Psychoanalysis redresses faults in Freud's original conception to develop a coherent theoretical basis for psychodynamic theory. Simon Boag demonstrates that Freud's much maligned 'metapsychology', once revised, can provide a foundation for evaluating and integrating the plethora of psychodynamic perspectives, by developing a philosophically-informed position that addresses the embodied, interconnected relationship between motivation, cognition and affects. The book centres upon the major concepts in psychoanalysis, including the tion of unconscious mental processes, wish-fulfilment, fantasy, and repression. Both philosophical considerations and empirical evidence are brought to bear upon these topics, and used to extract the valuable insights from major approaches. As a result, Boag's revised general psychology, which stays true to Freud's intention, addresses psychoanalytic pluralism and shows it is possible to develop a unified account, integrating the insights from attachment theory and object relational approaches and ackwledging the rightful role for neuropsychoanalysis. Metapsychology and the Foundations of Psychoanalysis will be of interest to psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, philosophers of mind and psychologists, as well as anyone concerned with neuropsychoanalysis or psychoanalysis and attachment theory.
- Author BiographyDr Simon Boag is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology, Macquarie University. He has published extensively on the topics of psychoanalytic and psychological theory, personality and unconscious processes, and is the author of Freudian repression, the unconscious, and the dynamics of inhibition. He has also co-edited two volumes on the philosophy of psychoanalysis (Philosophy, Science & Psychoanalysis, and Psychoanalysis & Philosophy of Mind).
- Author(s)Simon Boag
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.