All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe church after postmodernity. The core narrative of Christianity, the book that conveys it (the Bible) and the institution of the church have been marginalized by the development of modernity and post-modernity. Strangely, post-modernity created an opportunity for religious thinking and experience to re-enter many lives. Yet post-modernity is t an adequate framework for thinking about life. There is therefore an opportunity for Christians to imagine what comes after and to prepare the church for a new engagement of mission with western culture. The church, through a creative missionary imagination, can re-define western cultural life. With a boldly crafted vision this book sketches precisely that.
- Author BiographyThe Revd Dr Colin JD Greene (PhD., University of Nottingham) is head of theology and public policy at Bible Society and visiting professor of systematic and philosophical theology at Seattle Pacific University, USA. He is Author of Christology and Atonement in Historical Context. METAVISTA: Exploring the Bible, the Church and mission in an age of imagination and Marking Out the Horizons: Christology in Cultural Perspective. He is consultant editor to the Scripture and Hermeneutics seminar. Dr Martin Robinson is the National Director of Together in Mission. In his early 20s Martin trained for the ministry and his first church was inner city Birmingham. That muti-ethnic congregation engaged in church planting and Martin together with his wife Lynda went to lead one of those church plants. After 13 years in local ministry, Martin went to work for the Bible Society in a variety of roles. In his role as Director of Mission and Theology and since, Martin has written many books on the broad theme of mission, including Faith of the Unbeliever, Thinking Clearly: Why The Cross?; Invading Secular Space; Winning Hearts, Changing Minds and most recent with Paul Griffiths The 8 Secrets Of Happiness. In 2002 Martin joined Together in Mission as the National Director. - Editorial Review.
- Author(s)Colin Greene,Colin J. D. Greene,Martin Robinson
- PublisherSend The Light
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaternoster Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.