All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable manual for present-day players of the one-keyed flute is the first complete method written in modern times. Janice Dockendorff Boland has compiled a manual that can serve as a self-guiding tutor or as a text for a student working with a teacher. Referencing important eighteenth-century sources while also incorporating modern experience, the book includes nearly 100 pages of music drawn from early treatises along with solo flute literature and instructional text and fingering charts. Boland also addresses topics ranging from the basics of choosing a flute and assembling it to more advanced concepts such as tone color and eighteenth-century articulation patterns.
- Author BiographyJanice Dockendorff Boland is a concert artist specializing in performances of eighteenth- and nineteenth-century music on historical flutes. Her compact disk recordings with the Boland-Dowdall Flute and Guitar Duo appear on the Fleur de Son Classics, Koch International Classics, and Titanic Record labels. She is a recipient of an NEA Fellowship and translator of Jean-Louis Tulou's A Method for the Flute. She lives in Marion, Iowa.
- Author(s)Janice Dockendorff Boland
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/06/1998
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note200 music examples, 40 line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.