All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionMethod in the Madness is presented as a companion to researchers investigating the complex world of work. Rather than a 'How to' text on performing research, this book presents a record of experiences. Research so often evolves in the field or the planning stages and a successful researcher need to be aware of serendipitous opportunities as they arise and how to solve problems as they occur. The book comprises an introduction written by the editors followed by thirteen chapters written by different contributors. The introduction draws together the disparate experiences that follow and discusses the ways in which the contributors, all of whom are respected researchers, dealt with and learned from the research experience. In the following chapters, the contributors describe and reflect on the research process, the challenges they met during their research and the lessons learned. The style varies, but includes narratives, anecdotes and descriptions of individuals' experiences as research was designed and carried out and the results generated.
- Author BiographyKeith Townsend, Research Fellow, Centre for Work, Employment and Wellbeing, and the Department of Employment Relations, Griffith University, Australia. Professor John Burgess: Director, Employment Studies Centre, University of Newcastle, Australia.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohn Burgess,Keith Townsend
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.