Consider these sponsored items
- AU $30.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArt historical theory is a forum of intense, often passionate debate. This book provides an accessible introduction to the range of critical theories used in analysing art. It covers a broad range of approaches, presenting individual arguments, controversies and divergent perspectives. This second edition has been updated to reflect recent scholarship in contemporary art. The book begins by introducing the concept of theory and explains why it is important to art historical practice. Each of the book's four core chapters presents a group of related approaches that are discussed and applied to one or more works of art. The book ends with some practical ideas about writing theoretically driven art history papers. Clearly written, this book is ideal for the undergraduate student or anyone interested in the world of ideas.
- Author BiographyAnne D'Alleva is Associate Professor of Art History and Women's Studies at the University of Connecticut. She is the author of Arts of the Pacific Islands and How to Write Art History.
- Author(s)Anne D'Alleva
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note37
- Weight380 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.