Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionA practical, accessible introduction to advanced geometry Exceptionally well-written and filled with historical and bibliographic tes, Methods of Geometry presents a practical and proof-oriented approach. The author develops a wide range of subject areas at an intermediate level and explains how theories that underlie many fields of advanced mathematics ultimately lead to applications in science and engineering. Foundations, basic Euclidean geometry, and transformations are discussed in detail and applied to study advanced plane geometry, polyhedra, isometries, similarities, and symmetry. An excellent introduction to advanced concepts as well as a reference to techniques for use in independent study and research, Methods of Geometry also features: * Ample exercises designed to promote effective problem-solving strategies * Insight into vel uses of Euclidean geometry * More than 300 figures accompanying definitions and proofs * A comprehensive and antated bibliography * Appendices reviewing vector and matrix algebra, least upper bound principle, and equivalence relations An Instructor's Manual presenting detailed solutions to all the problems in the book is available upon request from the Wiley editorial department.
- Author BiographyJAMES T. SMITH, PhD, is Professor of Mathematics at San Francisco State University.
- Author(s)James T. Smith
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2000
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight882 g
- Width166 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.