All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelivering fundamental insights into the most popular methods of molecular analysis, this text is an invaluable resource for students and researchers. It encompasses an extensive range of spectroscopic and spectrometric techniques used for molecular analysis in the life sciences, especially in the elucidation of the structure and function of biological molecules. Covering the range of up-to-date methodologies from everyday mass spectrometry and centrifugation to the more probing X-ray crystallography and surface-sensitive techniques, the book is intended for undergraduates starting out in the laboratory and for more advanced postgraduates pursuing complex research goals. The comprehensive text provides strong emphasis on the background principles of each method, including equations where they are of integral importance to the individual techniques. With sections on all the major procedures for analysing biological molecules, this book will serve as a useful guide across a range of fields, from new drug discovery to forensics and environmental studies.
- Author BiographyAndreas Hofmann is the Structural Chemistry Program Leader at Griffith University's Eskitis Institute in Brisbane, Australia, and an Honorary Research Fellow at the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences at the University of Melbourne. His research focuses on the structure and function of proteins in infectious and neurodegenerative diseases with a special interest in protein crystallography and absorption and light scattering spectroscopy. He won the EULAR Young Investigator Award in 2004. Anne Simon is an Associate Professor at the University Lyon 1 in France. Her research in the area of structural biology focuses on material biofunctionalisation, biomaterials, cellular adhesion, supported or free-standing lipid membranes, the study of biological membrane properties and membrane proteins. Tanja Grkovic is the NMR Professional Officer based at the Eskitis Institute for Drug Discovery at Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia. She studies the natural products chemistry of marine microbes, natural product-based drug discovery, and the applications of NMR-based spectroscopic methods in the structure elucidation of small molecules. Malcolm Jones is Associate Professor of Veterinary Biology and Parasitology at the University of Queensland, Australia, and visiting scientist at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research. His research interests lie in molecular and cell biological approaches to understanding the biology and control of pathogenic helminth (worm) infections.
- Author(s)Andreas Hofmann
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus. 77 colour illus. 22 tables
- Weight470 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.