Metrics-Driven Enterprise Software Development by Subhajit Datta (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost every engineering discipline other than software has clear guidelines for measuring processes and products and making decisions based on quantified evidence. Although metrics are seen as powerful tools for understanding and gauging software development, they are usually employed ad-hoc and without clear directions for interpreting the numbers and acting on them. Software development processes are t often followed in spirit due to difficulties in evaluating their benefits and tracking compliance. This results in software that does meet user needs. This practical book crosses the divide between theory and practice and discusses why essential processes so often fail to deliver quality industrial software. It describes how to integrate processes and metrics to ensure easier and more effective enterprise software development. Metrics-Driven Enterprise Software Development introduces the techniques for building, applying and interpreting metrics for the workflows across the software development life cycle phases of inception, elaboration, construction and transition. This metrics-driven approach guides practitioners at every step of the lifecycle and helps them analyze, design, implement, test and deploy solutions with greater confidence, purpose, and sensitivity to evolving business needs. Effective use of metrics is a key skill for all those involved in next generation software projects. This book is a must read for software engineering practitioners (architects, application developers, designers and project managers), academics, and students and apprentices of software engineering.Key FeaturesIntroduces the vision of a metrics-oriented process culture where every software engineering practitioner discerns his or her responsibilities in the light of simple and effective measurement principles and toolsPresents insights and strategies for formulating metrics in software development activities and clarifies them in the context of iterative and incremental development methodologiesProvides techniques for building, applying and interpreting metrics for the workflows across the software development life cycle phases of inception, elaboration, construction and transitionHighlights rigor vs. expediency trade-offs in the design and use of metrics and suggests discovery vs. invention strategies for leveraging the correct metricExplores the skills and intuition needed for conceiving and constructing software development life cycle metrics for your individual project and for building and deploying metrics for specific scenariosIncludes a case study to facilitate greater understanding of the concepts, processes and strategies presented and to illustrate their practical application
- Author BiographySubhajit Datta gained a wide array of experience as a software engineer at IBM Global Services as technical lead, business systems analyst, release manager, and application developer. He has a Master of Science in Computer Science and an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering. Mr. Datta is an IBM Certified Specialist for Rational Unified Process, with additional certification in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with UML. He is a member of Upsilon Pi Epsilon, the international honor society in the computing and information disciplines. Mr. Datta is currently working on his doctoral dissertation at the Florida State University. His published research include topics such as metrics, software architectures, design tools and techniques, and methodologies.
- Author(s)Subhajit Datta
- PublisherJ Ross Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ Ross Publishing
- Weight526 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.