Metrosexy: A 21st Century Self-Love Story by Dr Mark Simpson (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.10Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- DescriptionA biography of the metrosexual. By his dad. Back in the flaky-skinned early Nineties Mark Simpson predicted the future of men was metrosexual. A couple of decades on even he's shocked by what hussies today's males have become - and the shameless, fatal Jersey Shore that masculinity has washed up on. Metrosexy collects Simpson's essays chronicling the emergence of man's desire to be desired. And just how terrifyingly insatiable it turned out to be. Simpson takes a long look at men that long to be looked at, from metrosexual poster boy David Beckham to Daniel Craig's busty James Bond and concludes that the masculine aesthetic revolution is only just beginning to get into its sashay. Contrary to what you've been told, says Simpson, metrosexuality is t about flip-flops and facials, man-bags or manscara. Or about men becoming 'girlie' or 'gay'. It's about men becoming everything. To themselves. In much the way that women have been for some time. It's the end of the sexual division of bathroom and bedroom labour. It's the end of sexuality as we've kwn it. More fun-packed than Beck's bulging briefs, The Situation's six-pack, or Ronaldo's ego, Metrosexy will leave you gasping and giggling and gagging for more.
- Author BiographyEnglish writer Mark Simpson is credited/blamed for coining the word 'metrosexual' in 1994. It wasn't however until Simpson introduced his insufferably pretty offspring to the US in 2002, naming David Beckham as the prime exemplar, that the word achieved global fame. Simpson is also attributed with introducing us to the 'retrosexual' (in the sense of the anti-metrosexual). The global cool-hunting website Science of the Time has described him as 'the world's most perceptive writer about masculinity'. GQ Russia listed him topless and oiled up in their top ten Things That Changed Men's Lives, above Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sigmund Freud - and even Biotherm Homme. Simpson is the author of several critically-acclaimed books including: Saint Morrissey, Male Impersonators and Sex Terror.
- Author(s)Dr Mark Simpson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.