CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book studies the nature and background of the Mexican Catholic faith experience, specifically its emphasis on popular religiosity and sacramental practice. Extensive interviews with Mexican Catholics are presented which demonstrate these emphases. The nature of Sixteenth-Century Spanish Catholicism and Pre-Columbian Nahuatl faith, as well as the current theology of Elizondo and Deck are studied to understand the characteristics and background of this faith experience. Finally, the Southern California youth movement Jovenes Para Christo is studied as an expression of this faith. The complete results of the interviews as well as Jovenes Para Cristo source documents are included as appendices.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeffrey S. Thies has worked at length in the Mexican community in Southern California. He received his M.Div. and M.A. from St. John's Seminary and his D.Min. from the School of Theology at Claremont.
- Author(s)Jeffrey S Thies
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1993
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 7: Theology & Religion
- Series Part/Volume Number139
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight520 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.