All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt six years old Carmen Aguirre was a Chilean refugee adjusting to life in North America. At eighteen she was a revolutionary dissident married to a man she couldn't fully love. In her twenties she fought to find herself as an actress and break away from the stereotypes thrust upon her - housekeeper, hotel maid, Mexican Hooker #1. But alongside these many identities was ather that was hard to embrace and impossible to escape: that of the thirteen-year-old girl attacked by one of Canada's most feared rapists. Thirty-three years after the assault, Carmen decided it was time to meet the man who changed her life.
- Author BiographyCARMEN AGUIRRE is a celebrated playwright and actress. She has written or co-written eighteen plays and she had a lead role in Quinceanera, winner of the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. Something Fierce, her first book, was published by Portobello Books in 2012. She lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Carmen Aguirre
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortobello Books Ltd
- Weight278 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.