All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWillis Barnstone is a literature in himself: poet, translator, interpreter, in one year he can range from Jesus to Sappho and Borges with calm authority and good humour. He re-translates the New Testament in a version Harold Bloom describes as 'a superb act of restoration'. Borges himself declared, 'Four of the best things in America are Whitman's Leaves, Melville's Whale, the sonnets of Barnstone's The Secret Reader, and my daily Corn Flakes - ' Mexico in My Heart is the essential Barnstone, drawing on fifteen collections, poetry from six decades of writing and from several continents. He went to Mexico at the age of fifteen and, gathering languages and literatures, has never stopped learning.
- Author BiographyWILLIS BARNSTONE was born in Lewiston, Maine, in 1927. He is a poet, translator, critic and biblical scholar. His many books include The Restored New Testament, a new annotated translation and commentary. Over the course of an eventful life Barnstone has travelled widely, living at different times in Mexico, Greece, France, Argentina and China, as well as the Unites States and Britain. He is a fourtimes Pulitzer Prize nominee.
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight499 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.