All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElsevier w offers a series of derivative works based on the acclaimed Meylers Side Effect of Drugs, 15th Edition. These individual volumes are grouped by specialty to benefit the practicing physician or health care clinician. Each year, heart disease kills more people than cancer. Patients are treated by a variety of specialists and primary care practitioners, depending on the organ system involved. This volume enables practitioners to assess the adverse effects of the complete range of drugs used in cardiovascular medicine, including antihypertensive drugs, and drugs used in the treatment of heart failure, angina, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmia and enable practitioners to prescribe preventative treatments with medications such as blood pressure reducers, aspirin, and cholesterol-lowering drugs, as well as drugs used for more aggressive therapy. The material is drawn from the 15th edition of the internationally rewned encyclopedia, Meyler's Side Effects of Drugs, and the latest volumes in the companion series, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals. Drug names have usually been designated by their recommended or proposed International Non-proprietary Names (rINN or pINN); when those are t available, clinical names have been used. In some cases, brand names have been used. This volume is critical for any health professional involved in the administration of cardiovascular mediations.
- Author BiographyDr Jeffrey K. Aronson is a consultant clinical pharmacologist and physician in the Department of Primary Health Care in the University of Oxford and a consultant physician in the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals Trust. He has been associated with the Meyler series since 1977 and has published many research papers on adverse drug reactions. He is President of the British Pharmacological Society and serves on many committees concerned with drug therapy, including the Technology Appraisal Committee of the UK's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the Joint Formulary Committees of the British National Formulary and the British National Formulary for Children.
- Author(s)Jeffrey K. Aronson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication20/02/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight2760 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine53 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.61
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.34
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.