All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionContains a host of local landmarks as they once looked alongside the same viewpoint photographed today Miami, the Magic City, really began in 1891 when a widow from Cleveland, Julia Tuttle, moved to South Florida and convinced Standard Oil cofounder Henry Flagler to help her develop the area. Flagler built a railroad to Miami and the tourists began to arrive, entranced by the orange blossoms and fine weather. During World War II, the city grew as the military moved in to build major training centers that brought thousands of new people into the region. Sites include Cape Florida, Royal Palm Hotel, Halcyon Hotel, Point View, Burlingame Island, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Flagler Street, Scottish Rite Temple, Freedom Tower, Biscayne Boulevard, Riverside, Tamiami Trail, Miami River, Coconut Grove, Vizcaya, El Jardin, Pan Am terminal, Coral Gables, Biltmore Hotel, Douglas Entrance, Miracle Mile, Hialeah Race Course, Opa-Locka, Miami Beach, Collins Canal, Fisher Island, Espala Way, Deauville Hotel, Normandy Isle, and Old City Hall.
- Author BiographyArva Moore Parks is a historic preservationist and the author of Coconut Grove. Carolyn Klepser is a tour guide for the Miami Design Preservation League and a historic researcher for the City of Miami Beach. They live in Miami.
- Author(s)Arva Moore Parks,Carolyn Klepser
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- Series TitleThen and Now
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.