All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionLeave the Auto mode in the dust and take complete creative control of your images with this comprehensive guide to photography's most fundamental principles. Michael Freeman brings his years of experience to the table, teaching you all the professional techniques so you can nail the optimal exposure in-camera at the moment of capture, every time. Learn the particular nuances of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, understand the specific ways in which they interact within each exposure, and master their usage to quickly and efficiently achieve your creative vision, regardless of the lighting conditions or subject characteristics. Get under the hood of your camera with an in-depth look at how each of its metering modes works, so you can kw exactly how to find the best options and settings for each scene. Then review some of the most challenging exposure scenarios from a bride against a shadowed background to the neon lights of city streets all explained with reliable methods and established techniques for delivering stunning results.
- Author BiographyMichael Freeman, professional photographer and best-selling author, was born in England in 1945, took a Masters in Geography at Brasenose College, Oxford University, and then worked in advertising in London for six years. In 1971 he made the life-changing decision to travel up the Amazon with two secondhand cameras, and when Time-Life used many of the pictures he came back with, he embarked on a full-time photographic career. Since then, working for clients that include all the world's major magazines, most notably the Smithsonian Magazine (for which he has shot more than 40 stories over 30 years), Freeman's reputation as one of the world's leading reportage photographers has been consolidated. Of his many books, which have sold over 4 million copies worldwide, more than 60 titles are on the practice of photography. For this photographic educational work he was awarded the Prix Louis Philippe Clerc by the French Ministry of Culture. Freeman's books on photography have been translated into 27 languages.
- Author(s)Jeff Wignall,Lucas Jones,Michael Freeman
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- Place of PublicationLewes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width211 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.