All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Jackson was one of those rare human beings who can truly be described as a legend. As with Elvis and John Lenn, everyone will remember where they were when they heard about the death of Michael Jackson. He was just fifty when he died, yet had become a superstar by the time he was eleven, ensuring his music was part of the fabric of everyone's life. Though his days of greatest success were behind him, Jackson was standing on the threshold of what could well have been one of the biggest comebacks in showbiz history. It wasn't to be, but the music, sales figures and the number of current stars who queued to pay tribute to his influence underlined the fact that, for all his controversial personal quirks, Michael Jackson was indeed one of the greats. This picture-packed tribute charts the life of a legend, from his earliest days as a hyperactive child protege fronting family group the Jackson Five, to the assured superstar looking out from the cover of Thriller, still the best-selling album of all time. It analyses the magical stage moves like the Moonwalk that made him a sensational live act, celebrates the intoxicating music that made him the King of Pop and follows his life right through to the comeback that was to be cruelly cut short before the curtain could rise. MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009: LIFE OF A LEGEND tells the larger-than-life story of a unique character whose musical legacy will never die.
- Author BiographyMichael Heatley edited the acclaimed HISTORY OF ROCK. He is the author of over one hundred music biographies, ranging from Bon Jovi to Rolf Harris, as well as books on sport and TV. His respected biography of late DJ John Peel sold over 100,000 copies. His son, Drew, also a freelance journalist and a lifelong Michael Jackson fan, assisted him in penning this tribute to one of music's all-time greats.
- Author(s)Michael Heatley
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication17/07/2009
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Out-of-print date25/05/2015
- Content Note200 colour and b/w photos
- Weight1172 g
- Width259 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.