Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.99Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by blacksparrowapparel
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
- AU $9.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionHe is also candid about his England striking partnership with Wayne Rooney; his role in the players' strike threat in support of Rio Ferdinand, and his complex and at times difficult relationship with coaches such as Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan and Sven-Goran Eriksson; and he has strong views on the thug culture still rife in English football.Outside of the game, he talks openly for the first time about the recent death threats to him and his family, his relationship with childhood sweetheart Louise Bonsall -- including her serious injury from a riding accident -- and their baby Gemma, and his aspirations to be a horse owner and breeder when he gives up the game.For a person who rarely opens up to the press about his private life and his true thoughts on the game, Owen shows remarkable clarity of mind and purpose in this eye-opening story of a footballer never far from the headlines and a role model to a whole generation of youngsters.
- Author BiographyMichael Owen was born in Chester in December 1979. The third youngest player to have found the net in a World Cup finals tournament, he has been voted PFA Player of the Year and BBC Sports Personality of the Year. He graduated through the Lilleshall school of excellence and has played for England at Youth, Under-18 and Under -21 levels. At senior level he has captained his country and looks set to break all goalscoring records in the coming years. Paul Hayward is Chief Sports Writer of the Daily Telegraph and has been twice voted Sports Writer of the Year.
- Author(s)Michael Owen,Paul Hayward
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication23/08/2004
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/08/2008
- Content Note10 b/w, 50 col plates (24pp), Index
- Weight754 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.