All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe publishing industries' production of ubiquitous volumes on St Architects does little to inform society about the benefits good architecture can have on our everyday lives. The small, regional architectural firms working throughout the United States and abroad have a more profound effect on the built environment than the cultural imperialism thrust upon us, harking back to the Pre-Modernist movement of the last century. Looking back 50-60 years, we can find architects such as Bruce Goff, Jack Hilmer and Al Beadle to see how their work influences architectural culture and generations of young students. Michael P. Johnson: The Unshakeable Search for Architecture, about the life work of architect Michael P. Johnson, speaks directly of his regional buildings from his native Wisconsin through his work after his migration to Arizona. It also expands upon his work in New York, Colorado, and California, and further in Canada, Mexico, and Italy.
- Author BiographyLouise Noelle studied Art History at the Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, and at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. She was editor of Arquitectura/Mexico and coordinator of the design group Praxis Mexico City. She joined the staff of the Instituto de Investigaciones Esteticas of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, and since 1982 has been a researcher at the Institute. She is involved in many aspects of architectural criticism, being a co-founder and director not only of the Comite International des Critiques d' Architecture (CICA) but also of the Mexican Association of Architectural Critics. She is a member of the Academia de Artes, Mexico, and of the Academia Nacional de Bellas Artes, Argentina. She is contributor to numerous architectural journals in Mexico, North and South America, Europe and Japan, and was awarded the Jean Tschumi Prize by the UIA in 2011.
- Author(s)Louise Noelle
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Note100 colour
- Weight590 g
- Width304 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.