All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Young is one of the key figures in British 20th-century history. Focusing on family, community and social change, he has cascaded ideas, in the process coining new words, like meritocracy . He has also initiated or played a major role in creating new and well kwn organizations. These include the Consumers' Association, the Open University, and the National and International Extension Colleges. In 1945 he drafted the Labour Party's successful election manifesto Let Us Face the Future ; in 1965 he was the first Chairman of the new Social Science Research Council.
- Author BiographyASA BRIGGS is President of the Social History Society, of the Victorian Society and of the Ephemera Society. He is a Fellow of both the British and American Academies and was Chancellor of the Open University from 1978-1994.
- Author(s)Asa Briggs
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight707 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.